Photo Tours Booking Now
impressions of morocco
Day 1: Havana
Day 2: Havana
Day 3: Vinales
Day 4: Vinales
Day 5: Cienfuegos
Day 6: Trinidad
Day 7: Trinidad
Day 8: Trinidad
Day 9: Camaguey
Day 10: Santiago
Day 11: Havana
Day 12: Tour ends
This tour is organised and led by Steve Davey | The land arrangements are sub-contracted to Intrepid Travel, but the tours don't appear on the Intrepid Travel website | The only way to book is through this site!
Highlights of this trip
• Avenue des Baobabs
• Dancing Sifaka Lemurs
• Soantana village
• Tsingy de Bemaraha
• Isalo National Park
• Historic Antananarivo
• Photography tuition
better travel photography•COM
photo tours with steve davey
Included in the trip price
• 13 nights Hotel accommodation
• 1 night camp accommodation
• All transport as per itinerary
• 14 breakfasts, 12 lunches & 14 dinners
• Tulear to Tana domestic flight
• Tana to Morondava return flight
• Soantana village visit
• Manambolo river dugout
• Tsingy of Bemaraha explorations
• Anjà community reserve visit
• Zombitse-Vohibasia Park visit
• Reniala Reserve walk
• Honko conservation site visit
• Isalo National Park visit
• Malagasy sundowner
• English Speaking leader
• Entrance fees as per itinerary
• Airport transfers for group flight
• Pre-trip Facebook group
• Expert photographic tuition
Website, Images and text © Steve Davey/stevedavey.com 1990 - 2019
This tour is led by Steve Davey - a professional photographer, whose work appears in publications all over the world. He is the author of the bestselling Unforgettable Places To See Before You Die (BBC Books). Steve recently published Footprint Travel Photography 2e (Footprint Books), which covers everything that you would ever want to know about travelling with a camera. Click for more.
Land arrangements are sub-contracted to Intrepid Travel, who have many years experience in running small group adventures.
Bookings are made through the Intrepid Special Groups Dept. in the UK not the Intrepid website or Stores. Use this link for more information
Start: 5 June 2020
End: 19 June 2020
Price: From £3650 pp
excl. flights, based on
Min 8, max 12 people
Places left: 12
Trip is to be confirmed.
Single supplement: £700
flight cost £750
Impressions of Madagascar Itinerary
Day 1: Antsirabe
Day 2: Fianarantsoa
Day 3: Fianarantsoa
Day 4: Ranohira (Isalo)
Day 5: Ranohira (Isalo)
Day 6: Ifaty
Day 7: Ifaty
Day 8: Antananarivo
Day 9: Morondava
Day 10: Bemaraha
Day 11: Bemaraha
Day 12: Bemaraha
Day 13: Marofandilia
Day 14: Antananarivo
Day 15: Tour ends
As well as enjoying the stunning wildlife, landscapes and culture of Madagascar, you will learn a massive amount about photography and many of the techniques used by a professional travel photographer.
Our tours generally cover a wide range of technical and practical techniques for improving your travel photography. This is done with a combination of practical group and individual demonstrations, illustrated talks on aspects of travel photography and group reviews and discussions.
I have recently completely revitalised our teaching schedules on our trips: we will be setting a lot more projects for people to work towards, and also holding more image reviews.
I tailor the subjects covered on the tours depending on the level of knowledge of people on the tour, individual requirements and the nature of the itinerary. Always very approachable, we are always willing to give individual help, look at pictures or enter into a spirited discussion about just about everything.
I will also give a short daily briefing as to the sort of things that you might expect to see each day, and the sort of equipment and techniques that you might need the following day.
There are a number of specific skills that we will be covering on this trip, including:
• I will show you simple ways to improve the focus and sharpness of your pictures.
• I will teach a number of techniques to achieve great portraits of the people we meet on our travels
• I will show you how to see pictures and prepare your camera ready to take them
• I will help you to learn to see pictures
• I will show you a number of ways to improve your exposures!
• I will show you how to use composition to tell a story in your pictures.
• I will show you how to use a polarising filter to get more vibrant shots.
• I will teach you some techniques for better wildlife photography
• I will explain the importance of understanding ISO, shutter speed and depth of field.
• I will show you how to shoot stunning star trails photographs
• I will show you how to use panning for exiting action shots
• I will show you how to shoot and process panoramic pictures
• I will teach you the rules of composition (and when to break them)
• I will teach you some simple post-production techniques to give your pictures more punch and impact.
• I will teach you how to back up pictures and clean your camera.
Our schedule is flexible, and will be responsive to the needs and interests of the group. If there is anything else that you would like covered on the trip, then please ask at any time. I am always happy to include anything in the trip tuition.