Steve Davey has worked hard to create a unique series of photography courses. Here is some more information about the practicalities and why we think that they are the best you can get.
Why our courses are different
Unlike many of the plethora of London courses on offer over the internet, we strive to offer a higher quality service.
• We have also designed and run these workshops, which means that we retain control and will not risk our professional reputations by running a sub-standard courses.
• Unlike many courses on offer, you can be sure of the name of the photographer who will run your course, and can see their work in advance. This means that you can be sure of their experience and their approach to photography.
• We are professional photographers with many years experience in professional commercial shoots in a wide range of conditions. We are used to shooting with limited time and often far less than idea weather and so can teach you how to get the best pictures out of the real life situations you are likely to encounter.
• We have a maximum group size of just six people. This means that you can have more individual time with the course tutor and will find it easier to ask questions.
• Many photography courses only run for a few hours at lunchtime: the worst time for taking pictures. Our courses typically run for five hours: enough to cover subjects in depth, but not so long that you risk getting overwhelmed. In London in the summer, the sun rises as early as 5:30, and sets after 10pm. Being around for sunrise or sunset is pretty impractical on these courses, but we run them in the morning or afternoon giving a fair chance of getting at least some good, directional light. This is often the light that most normal people (who don't want to be up so early) will encounter when they take pictures at home and on their travels!
About extra dates?
With a maximum of six people it is important for us to fill the courses wherever possible, so we have started with a few dates. Depending on the take-up we will launch more dates soon. To suggest extra dates, please contact us here.
What about the weather?
Even in the summer, London weather is often overcast or rainy. We have timed our courses to have the best chance of good weather, but it is important to remember that you will be attending to learn as much as possible about photography, not necessarily to come away with perfect pictures from the day. Consequently we will still attempt to run the course even if the weather is less than ideal. Rest assured though, you will still learn an incredible amount even if the weather isn't good. We will be able to teach you to come away with great pictures despite the weather.
If in the opinion of the photographer leading the course the weather is too bad to continue we reserve the right to cancel entitling you to a full refund.
better travel photography•COM
Website, Images and text © Steve Davey/stevedavey.com 1990-2019
London Photography Courses
with Steve Davey – more information
"I really enjoyed my day with you in London and found it a really helpful exercise. It has given me a lot more confidence in approaching people and made me much more aware how important it is to check my camera settings... One other thing I learnt was I should allow my creaking bones to get down on the ground a bit more or climb up in the air as most of my shots were at eye level, straight and usually full face."
Liz, Travel Portraits course
Better Travel Photography was created by Steve Davey to celebrate the art of travel photography and to help people improve their travel photography skills and get more out of their travels. Some of the highlights of the site are image galleries, travel photography features and 501 Travel Photography Tips. This site also features Steve's exclusive range of travel photography tours.
Our photo courses are run by a named professional photographer and have a maximum of six people, giving you much more individual tuition and attention than some of our cheaper rivals.
The cost for our half day courses starts at £80.